Madeira girls join – and lead – more than two dozens clubs and interest groups. Nearly every Madeira girl belongs to one or two clubs, and many belong to four or five.
Top Five Reasons to Join a Club
Clubs and interest groups provide girls with:
- leadership opportunities
- public speaking experience
- chances to plan and organize events
- opportunities to expand cultural and educational interests
- many ways to have fun with friends and teachers!
Categories of clubs range from cultural to religious to political to social. Students never hesitate to start a new group when they find they have interests in common. Groups take advantage of the diversity of the Madeira community. Many benefit from Madeira’s proximity to Washington, D.C.
Sample List of Clubs*
- African Student Association (ASA)
- Anime Club
- Best Buddies
- Black Students Union (BSU)
- Business and Economics
- Chinese Culture Club (CCC)
- Creative Writing
- Girl Up!
- Gender & Sexuality Alliance (GSA)
- Interfaith Club
- Middle Eastern Students Association (MESA)
- Shelter America
- South Asian Student Association (SASA)
- Spanish Club
- STEM Club
* Not listed are interest groups, which are less formal than clubs and may be formed around specific interests during the course of the year.